If you have already earned a bachelor's degree and are licensed to teach in the state of Indiana, you are eligible for our graduate-level dual licensure programs in ENL/ESL.
Language Education Master's degree | ENL Licensure
You can choose either to seek your license as part of the Language Education master's program or simply seek certification without the addition of a graduate-level degree. Whichever route you choose, you will take the same 21 credit group of ENL/ESL classes. The license addition will grant you opportunities to effectively serve English learners in the grade levels for which your original teaching license covers.
Program of Study
- EDUC-L 524 - Language Issues in Bilingual and Multicultural Education
- EDUC-L 539 - Language Foundations for ESL/EFL Teachers
- EDUC-L 503 - Assessment Literacy for Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- Either EDUC-T 524 - Diverse Perspectives on Families or an approved elective
- EDUC-L 540 - ESL/EFL Approaches to Instruction and Assessment
- EDUC-L 505 - Second Language Literacy Instruction
- EDUC-L 525 - ENL Practicum
These classes are offered on a non-traditional 12 week and summer intensive schedule to allow working professionals to complete them within 16 months. However, you can also complete the program using the traditional 15-week semester calendar.
Learn more about the master's program