Teacher Education Admissions Coordinator/Licensing Advisor (Admissions Assistant)
The Indiana University School of Education in Indianapolis is seeking a Teacher Education Admissions Coordinator/Licensing Advisor (Admissions Assistant) to manage the undergraduate teacher education program application process, authorize all undergraduate students for cohort courses, manage student teacher application process and placements contracts with district HR liaisons, process and recommend teacher education students for licensure, answer questions that faculty, staff, and students have about licensure, maintain advising sheets, licensing handouts and other recruitment/admissions materials, prepare and provide pending completion, program completion, and program verification letters to students and their employers when requested, and stay abreast of all academic and state (IDOE) licensing requirements.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Possesses a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Commitment to working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with complex data and/or record services in a team environment.
- Experience in a student-focused, higher education environment is highly desired.