All IU School of Education at IUPUI students are eligible to apply for a scholarship provided they meet the following criteria:
- Must plan to be enrolled in the elementary education, secondary education or Aspiring Teacher Alternative Certificate (ATAC) program for the Fall school year.
- Provide proof of a current cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Meet additional criteria as specified in the scholarship descriptions.
Preparation ChecklistThe application is a multi-step process. Gather the following materials before sitting down to submit your application online
List of required items to submit your online application on one.iu.edu:
- Review the available scholarships to determine for which one(s) you want to apply.
- Ask for references and submit the name and email address for two professional references within the application form. One must be from a faculty member familiar with your academic work. Ivy Tech transfer students may use an Ivy Tech faculty member for faculty reference.
- Write brief personal statements on the following topics:
URBAN EDUCATION: How has your thinking about teaching in an urban setting evolved since you began the teacher education program? Discuss the challenges you may still face and the progress you have made. (Limit 500 words or less)
FINANCIAL NEED: Please describe the nature of your financial need as specifically as possible and why you should receive the scholarship award(s). (Limit 500 words or less)
EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND SERVICE: Please describe your extra-curricular and service activities. (Limit 500 words or less)
- Write statement(s) addressing any additional criteria specified for scholarships for which you are applying.