All IU School of Education at IUPUI students are eligible to apply for a scholarship provided they meet the following criteria:
- Must plan to be enrolled in the elementary education, secondary education or transition to teaching program for the 2018-19 school year.
- Provide proof of a current cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Meet additional criteria as specified in the scholarship descriptions.
Preparation ChecklistThe application is a multi-step process. Gather the following materials before sitting down to submit your application online
List of required items to submit your online application:
- Review the available scholarships to determine which one(s) you want to apply for.
- You will need to submit the name and email address for two professional references within the application form. One must be from a faculty member familiar with your academic work. Ivy Tech transfer students may use an Ivy Tech faculty member for faculty reference.
- NOTE: You must inform your references to submit a Scholarship Recommendation Form on your behalf. You will need to provide your 10-digit student ID to each of your references, so they may properly fill out the recommendation form.
- Download a GPA report from One.IU verifying your cumulative GPA. How to Save an Unofficial Transcript To File.
- Write brief personal statements on the following topics:
- URBAN EDUCATION: How has your thinking about teaching in an urban setting evolved since you began the teacher education program? Discuss the challenges you may still face and the progress you have made. (Limit 500 words or less)
- FINANCIAL NEED: Please describe the nature of your financial need as specifically as possible and why you should receive the scholarship award(s). (Limit 500 words or less)
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND SERVICE: Please describe your extra-curricular and service activities. (Limit 500 words or less)
- Write statement(s) addressing any additional criteria specified for scholarships you are applying for.