This scholarship is intended to encourage and support undergraduate students to pursue teaching careers at any level of education from the primary to the post-secondary level.
The candidates must have:
• Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
• Junior or senior status at the beginning of the award period
• Must be enrolled as a fulltime student at the time of application
• Must be majoring in Education with preference for students who plan to make math and science a focus in their curriculum (See essay requirements)
A full award recipient may receive (1) a scholarship for up to $2000; (2) a mentorship with an IUPUI faculty member; (3) Additional special opportunities, depending on the student’s own interests and needs.
• Is for one academic year, fall and spring semester.
• Requires reapplication for renewal.
• Allows a junior year award recipient to apply for a senior year award.
Indiana Student Financial Aid Scholarships
An individual is eligible for this Scholarship, if the individual:
- is a minority student (defined as Black or Hispanic);
- is admitted or already attends an eligible Indiana institution as a full-time student;
- intends to pursue or is pursuing a course of study that would enable the student, upon graduation, to teach in an accredited school in Indiana;
- agrees in writing to apply for a teaching position in an accredited school in Indiana following that student’s certification as a teacher and, if hired, to teach for at least three years; and
- meets other minimum criteria established by the Commission for Higher Education.
Apply today for the Minority Teacher Scholarship.