- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision (CACREP Accredited), University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA -Aug 2016
- M.A. Educational Psychology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA -May 2016
- M.A. Educational Counseling, Seoul National University, Seoul -Feb 2010
- B.A. Educational Psychology, Seoul Women’s University, Seoul -Aug 2005
- Fall 2019 Assistant Professor, G532 Intro to Group Counseling School Counseling Master’s Program, Indiana University Purdue University-Indianapolis
- Diversity in School Counseling
- Career Development of Minority Students
- Program Evaluation
- Evaluation and Assessment in School Counseling
- School-Family-Community Collaboration
- Career Development of Students
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles Published
- Lu, J., Lo, C., & Bang, N. M ., Romero, D. (2019). A critical review of spiritual well being scales: implications for research, practice, and education in rehabilitation counseling. Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin, 62 (3), 144-156 .
- Woo, H., Lu, J., & Bang, N. M (2018). Professional Identity Scale in Counseling (PISC): Revision of Factor Structure and Psychometrics. Journal of Counselor Leadership and Advocacy 5 (2), 137-152.
- Li, C., Lu, J. F., Bernstein, B., & Bang, N. M. (2018). Counseling self-efficacy of international counseling students in the U.S.: The impact of foreign language anxiety and acculturation. International Journal for the Advancement of Counseling, 40(3), 267-278.
- Woo, H., Bang, N. M., Cauley, B., & Choi, N. (2017). A meta-Analysis: school-based intervention programs targeting psychosocial factors for gifted racial/ethnic minority students. Journal for the Education of the Gifted, 40(3), 199-219.
- Bang, N. M., Lane, E., & Filmore, J., (2019). Diversity and Advocacy: Cultural Responsibility with LGBT Issues. In C. Wood, T. Portman, and L. Tyson, Critical Incidents in School Counseling (3rd ed.). (pp. 111-117) American Counseling Association: Alexandria, VA.
- Byrd, J. A., & Bang, N. M. (2015). A Mile in My Shoes. In Luke. M. & Goodrich. K. (Eds.). Group Work Experts Share Their Favorite Supervision Activities. The Association for Specialists in Group Work.
- Couture, V., Bang, N. M., & Harless A., (2018) Successful Career Counseling Interventions Used with Students in Poverty: A Preliminary Report. NCDA Career Convergence.
- Bang, N. M. (2017). The Essential Elements of a Quality Online Course. Teaching Matters at UCA.
Grants and Funding:
- Faculty Development Grant for American Counseling Association Conference, $600, PI Funded, Dec 2018. Center for Teaching Excellence, University of Central Arkansas - Improving the Quality of Multicultural Counseling Online Course, Dec 2018
- Institutional Diversity Grant - Diverse Faculty Support Grant, $250, PI Institutional Diversity and Inclusion, University of Central Arkansas Funded – Scholarly activity the 2018 North Central Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (NCACES) Conference, Sept 2018
- College of Education Faculty Travel Grant, $500, PI College of Education. University of Central Arkansas Funded – Scholarly activity at the 2018 American Counseling Conference, Jan 2018
- Feb 2019 - Present American School Counselor Association Member
- Oct 2016 - Present South Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Member
- Sept 2015 - Present Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling (AARC) Member
- Apr 2014 - Present American Educational Research Association (AERA) Member
- Apr 2013 - Aug 2016 Rho Upsilon Chapter, Chi Sigma Iota (CSI) Member, Treasurer,
- Oct 2013 - Present Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) Member
- Mar 2013 - Aug 2016 Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development Member
- Mar 2013 - Present American Counseling Association (ACA) Member
- Oct 2013 - Present North Central Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Member
- June 2013 - Present National Career Development Association (NCDA) Member