These scholarships are unique to IUPUI.
- Challenger Scholarship Program
This scholarship is intended to encourage and support undergraduate students to pursue teaching careers at any level of education from the primary to the post-secondary level.
The candidates must have:
• Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
• Junior or senior status at the beginning of the award period
• Must be enrolled as a fulltime student at the time of application
• Must be majoring in Education with preference for students who plan to make math and science a focus in their curriculum (See essay requirements)
A full award recipient may receive (1) a scholarship for up to $2000; (2) a mentorship with an IUPUI faculty member; (3) Additional special opportunities, depending on the student’s own interests and needs.
• Is for one academic year, fall and spring semester.
• Requires reapplication for renewal.
• Allows a junior year award recipient to apply for a senior year award.
- INCEC Littlejohn Scholarship
- One $500 scholarship is awarded annually to the special education major or minor undergraduate student who best exemplifies the dedication to the principle and high professional standards of Dr. William Littlejohn. Application Deadline: Annually in December.
- Jesse H. and Beulah Chanley Cox Scholarship
- The Jesse H. and Beulah Chanley Cox Scholarship affirms and rewards the efforts of Indiana University students who have demonstrated the motivation and resourcefulness required for success through their part-time work and solid academic performance. Available to students at the Bloomington and Indianapolis campuses, it is the largest IU scholarship based on both of these significant criteria. Application Deadline: Annually in March.
- Nina Mason Pulliam Legacy Scholars Program
- The Nina Scholars program is dedicated to providing educational opportunities for individuals who would not normally receive traditional academic scholarships, and whose personal commitments and financial circumstances would preclude their attendance without substantial, long-term scholarship support. Application Deadline: Annually in March.