The Nominating Committee shall consist of at least three members. At least one member shall be a member of the Policy Council; at least one member shall be from Bloomington; and at least one member shall be from Indianapolis. The committee members are to be nominated by the Agenda Committee and elected by the Policy Council. It shall assume responsibility for the following:
- Elect its own chairperson;
- During the month of February prepare a slate of tenured, tenure-probationary, research rank, clinical, and lecturer faculty nominees from the School of Education for election to the Policy Council;
- In preparing the slate of nominees, the Nominating Committee shall be mindful of the following guidelines in providing a slate which is representative of the faculty:
- men and women
- racial/ethnic majority and minority faculty members
- tenured, tenure-probationary, research rank, and clinical, lecturer faculty members
- various programs and missions
- undergraduate and graduate levels of responsibilities
- Each year six faculty members from the School of Education will be elected for a term of two years. Each vacancy shall be numbered or designated separately with three nominees from like categories designated for each position. The nominee finishing second will be designated as an alternate for the position for which nominated.
- When neither the member nor the designated alternate is able to attend a Policy Council meeting, the member shall ask another faculty member to serve as designated alternate for that meeting.
- When a designated alternate position becomes vacant, the Agenda Committee will select a faculty member who has characteristics similar to those of the elected member according to the guidelines for nominations, to serve the remainder of the term of office.
- When a seat on the Policy Council becomes vacant, the designated alternate will fill that seat for the remainder of the term of office. When there is no designated alternate, the Agenda Committee will select a faculty member who has characteristics similar to those of the elected member according to the guidelines for nominations, to serve the remainder of the term of office.
- Catherine Gray
- Tambra Jackson
- Adam Maltese