This faculty exchange is a project of the Office of the Dean and the International Programs Committee of the Indiana University School of Education, located in Bloomington, Indiana, and the Office of the Dean of the Faculty of Education and the Office of Academic Affairs of the Middle East Technical University (METU) located in Ankara, Turkey.
The purpose of the faculty exchange agreement with METU is to enhance international research collaboration among faculty members and encourage the development of joint research programs among the faculties on topics of mutual interest.
Key elements and expected outcomes of the Exchange:
- The two parties may each select up to two faculty members per academic year, from any subfield or department of their faculty of education to visit the partner institution as exchange participants.
- Faculty members from each institution will identify a partner faculty member from the other institution with whom to collaborate on preparing an application for this program.
- The length of each visit will be approximately two to three weeks and shall occur within the academic year.
- In addition to pursuing collaborative research, faculty members will deliver a colloquium to the faculty of the partnering institution during their exchange. These colloquia may reflect the collaborative research, or be related to the research.
- Faculty will be expected to complete a summary of the project once the visits have concluded. The simple format for same will be provided to faculty once funds have been awarded.
Application materials are due by April 30th.
- Expenses for round-trip air travel and per diem will be the responsibility of the home institution or the exchange participant.
- Expenses for lodging will be the responsibility of the host institution, if/when lodging is available.
- Indiana University School of Education will provide for the health insurance coverage of visiting METU faculty members during their respective official stays on the Bloomington campus.
- Indiana University School of Education faculty participating in the exchange visiting METU, will have their own extant health insurance coverage in place for the duration of their visits to METU.
- The host university will also provide study and research privileges equivalent to those available to resident faculty members or graduate students.