- Doctor of Philosophy, Higher Education Administration, Indiana University, 2003.
- Master of Science, Student Affairs in Higher Education, Colorado State University, 1993.
- Bachelor of Arts, Speech Communications and Sociology, University of St. Thomas, 1990.
Megan Palmer, PhD is an Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs and Professional Development and Director of the Academy of Teaching Scholars at the Indiana University School of Medicine. She also serves as the Vice Chair of Education in the Department of Emergency Medicine. Dr. Palmer holds faculty appointments in Emergency Medicine at the IU School of Medicine and in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at the IU School of Education in Indianapolis.
- EDUC-C 565 Higher Education Administration
- EDUC-C 750 / EDUC-U 550 Special Mission Colleges and Universities
- EDUC-C 750 / EDUC-U 550 The American Community College
- EDUC-C 750 College Teaching and Learning
Honors & Awards
- POD Innovation Award Finalist, Professional and Organizational Development Network, 2010.
- Robert E. Menges Award for Outstanding Research, Professional and Organizational Development Network, 2009.
- Holmstedt Dissertation Research Award, Indiana University, 2003.
- Outstanding New Professional Award, Association of College and University Housing Officers International, Upper Midwest Region, 1994.
Grants & Funding
- Next Generation @ IUPUI, Indiana University President's Diversity Initiative, one year pilot program awarded in 2009, $50,000.
- Expanding the Concept of Faculty Vitality, Professional and Organizational Development Network Research Grant, $3,000.
- Curriculum Enhancement Grant, Indiana University Purdue University Center for Teaching and Learning, $5,500.
- College faculty
- College teaching
- Faculty development
- Faculty vitality
- Teaching with technology
- Professional and Organizational Development Network
- Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Faculty Affairs
- Association of the Study of Higher Education