- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Instruction and Learning, 1996-1998
- Ph.D., Florida State University, Science Education, 1997
- B.S., Gannon University, Major: Chemistry, Minor: Biology, 1992
- EDUC-T 550 Identity and Education in the Urban Context
- EDUC-Q 200 Introduction to Scientific Inquiry
- EDUC-E 328 Science in the Elementary School
- EDUC-J 500 Curriculum in the Context of Instruction
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the Alvin S. Bynum Mentor Award from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis. Received April 25, 2014.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Junior Scholar Award from the Brothers of the Academy Institute. Received October 4, 2003.
- Recipient of University of Pittsburgh Postdoctoral Fellowship, 1996-1998.
Grants & Funding
- Grant awarded from the Indiana Department of Education - Math/Science Partnership towards a project titled: From Standards to STEM: Integrating Science and Math in the Classroom. (University Collaborator; $448,521.69; November 2012).
- Grant awarded from the Indiana University, School of Education - Proffitt Internal Grant Competition towards a project titled: Priming for Success: A Field-Based Exploratory Study of a Priming Intervention for Middle Grades African American Mathematics and Science Learners. (Co-PI; $38,000; January 2009).
- Grant awarded from the Civic Innovation Lab towards a project titled: Sankor Vanguard. (PI; $30,000; April 2007).
- Grant awarded from the Network Resource Training Sites towards a project titled: Combining math/science content and pedagogy: A course development workshop for the graduate preparation of high school teachers. (Co-PI; $25,000; March 2003).
- Grant awarded from the Grable Foundation towards Junior Science Institute (PI; $14,156.47; June 1999).
- Grant awarded from the Fisher Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation towards Junior Science Institute (PI; $60,000; July 1999).
- Curriculum Development
- Racism and Racial Bias
- Science Education
- Worldview Theory