If you already have your bachelor's degree and are licensed to teach in the state of Indiana, you are eligible for our graduate-level dual licensure programs in ENL/ESL.
You can choose either to seek your license as part of the Literacy, Culture and Language Education master's program or simply seek certification without the addition of a graduate-level degree. Whichever route you choose, you will take the same 21 credit group of ENL/ESL classes.
Program of Study
- EDUC-L 524 Language Issues in Bilingual and Multicultural Education
- Either EDUC-L 539 Language Foundations for ESL/EFL Teachers or LING-L 532 Second Language Acquisition
- EDUC-L 503 Assessment Literacy for Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- Either EDUC-T 524 Diverse Perspectives on Families or an approved elective
- EDUC-L 540 ESL/EFL Approaches to Instruction and Assessment
- EDUC-L 505 Second Language Literacy Instruction
- EDUC-L 525 ENL Practicum
These classes are offered on a non-traditional 12 week and summer intensive schedule to allow working professionals to complete them within 16 months. However, you can also complete the program using the traditional 15-week semester calendar.