Miami University, B.S. in Special Education
University of Cincinnati, M.Ed. in School Counseling
I am Visiting Assistant Faculty in special education and a Ph.D. candidate in Urban Education Studies, as well as a doctoral research assistant for the Great Lakes and Midwest and Plains Equity Assistance Centers.
- Coomer, M.N. (in press). Deconstructing difference and inclusion in educational research: Reflections on the International Journal of Qualitative Inquiry Studies in Education Special Edition on Difference. International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education.
- Coomer, M.N.& Mintus, K.L. (under review). Test anxiety: Participation and exclusion beyond the institution. In D. Loseke & S. Green (Eds.) Research in social science and disability (Vol. 11): New narratives of disability: Constructions, clashes, and controversies.
- Coomer, M.N., Jackson, R.G., & Moore, T.S. (in press). Assessing curricular bias: Student resistance and the transformative classroom. In A. J. Samuels & G. Samuels (Eds.)International social studies forum series: Democracy at a crosswords: Examining the past and facing the future.
- Thorius, K.K., Moore, T.S., & Coomer, M.N. (2019). We can do better: Critically reframing special education research and practice at the intersections of disability and cultural and linguistic diversity for young children In J. Bakken & F. Obiakor (Eds.) Advances in special education (Vol. 34): Special education for young learners with disabilities.
- Graham, J. & Coomer, M.N.(2018). When schooling hurts: Professional school counselors as mitigates for school-based trauma. Journal of Global Engagement and Transformation, 2(1). https://everypiecematters.com/jget/volume02-issue01/when-schooling-hurts-professional-school-counselors-as-mitigates-of-school-based-trauma.html
Disability Studies in Education
Critical Special Education
Critical examinations of trauma-informed practices