Posted: October 18, 2016
Deadline for full consideration extended to March 5th, 2017
Focus on Instruction for Students with High Incidence Disability Labels in Racially and Linguistically Diverse Urban Schools
The Indiana University School of Education at Indianapolis (IUPUI) is seeking an exemplary assistant clinical faculty member to contribute to our progressive urban elementary teacher education program. All candidates in teacher education at IUPUI are required to take integrated special education coursework. Many undergraduates seek dual certification in general and special education. Undergraduate cohorts work in urban schools throughout their program of study. For more information, visit our website at: education.iupui.edu.
The School of Education at IUPUI is an urban serving institution located in the heart of Indianapolis. Our school of education has approximately 40 full time faculty all of whom are actively engaged in teaching, scholarship of teaching, and research focused on urban education. Many of our faculty have scholarship interests that focus on social justice and anti-racist practices, partnerships with urban communities and schools, and critical perspectives in education.
Faculty in our teacher education programs are committed to preparing teachers to enact transformative practices in urban schools, field-based experiences that support our teacher candidates, and diversifying the teacher workforce. Our elementary program is specifically designed to engage in partnerships with urban elementary schools where clinical faculty, including the person considered for this position, engage in establishing and maintaining these partnerships.
- Doctorate in Special and/or Inclusive Education or related area, such as Disability Studies in Education
- Professional experience in urban elementary education settings
- Curricular and instructional expertise in Universal Design for Learning and Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- Demonstrated excellence in university teaching, including scholarship of teaching.
- Record of positive impact with youth in urban schools, universities, and/or communities
- Teach courses at the undergraduate elementary level
- Provide instructional coaching to dual licensure (general and special education) preservice teachers in inclusive urban settings
- Perform professional service at the school level with an emphasis on setting up and coordinating student teaching partnerships with urban elementary schools, as well as service to university, community and professional organizations.
Application: Interested candidates should submit (a) letter of application, (b) curriculum vita, (c) one sample of a syllabus related to the search position, and (d) names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses for at least three references. All application materials must be submitted online at http://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/2859.
Application Deadline: Applications received by March 5, 2017 are assured full consideration. We will continue to accept and screen applications until the position is filled. Starting date is August 1, 2017. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Direct questions about the position or program to Dr. Kathleen King Thorius, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com. IUPUI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Individuals who require reasonable accommodations in order to participate in the application process should notify Ashley Clemons at firstname.lastname@example.org with appropriate advance notice.
We seek applications from women, persons of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, Latino/as, members of the LGBTQ plus community, and members of other underrepresented groups are welcome to apply.