Charles L. Little, Ed.D.
Clinical Professor / Academic Specialist
Director, Indiana Urban Schools Association
Office: ES 3134
Chuck Little has worked as a teacher, principal and Superintendent of Schools since 1969. He began his career in education as a social studies teacher in up state New York and later became a middle school and then a high school principal. He was Superintendent of Schools in Garrison, Geneseo , and Frontier (Hamburg) New York. He was Superintendent of Schools in Plymouth/Canton, Michigan, now that state's third largest district.
Little has been a clinical professor at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) since 1999. Concurrently, he has been the Executive Director of the Indiana Urban Schools Association, a partnership among 37 school district's and the IU School of Education.
Prior to 1969 ,Little served in the U.S. Army in Vietnam and also worked in sales for a Pittsburgh based steel company. He is an avid runner and he has completed several marathons in recent years.
- Ed.D, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 1978
- Certificate of Advanced Study, State University of New York at Cortland, Cortland, New York, 1974
- MAT, State University of New York at Binghamton, Binghamton, New York, 1971
- AB, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 1967
- American Association of School Administrators-active member
- Indiana Urban Schools Association-Executive Director
- North Central Indiana School Study Council, Kokomo Indiana
- Leadership roles in public schools
- Public school finance
- School community relations
- State and local school politics